What is the best way to stop Shaytaan whispers reminding you of your past?
Our recommendations are as follows:
• Try to remain positive and understand that Allāh’s Mercy, Compassion and Kindness are endless.
• Do not follow up the evil thoughts. Busy your mind with positive and better thoughts. Keep busy so you do not have time to think about the past.
• Recite أَعُوذُ بِاللَّهِ مِنَ الشَّيْطَانِ الرَّجِيمِ excessively.
• Be punctual in doing dhikr and reciting Qur’ān.
• Try to remain in wudū at all times.
• Avoid too much loneliness and seclusion. Remain in the company of positive, motivated and religious friends and relatives.
• Know that you will not be punished for random or evil thoughts that enter the mind.
And Allah knows best.